Growing Home Food Pantry: From November 9th to the 24th, participants that come to the food pantry will receive extra food to support with Thanksgiving. There will be options of both traditional thanksgiving foods and foods that Hispanic and Latino household prepare during thanksgiving. Participants only need to come to the food pantry between those days, during normal FP hours, to access this extra food. We are located at 3489 W 72nd Ave suite 112 Westminster CO 80030, open Tue-Sat from 10 am till noon. Also, please note:
- Operation Freebird is back on Saturday, Nov. 20. 🦃 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., the Adams County Sheriff’s Office, Colorado will host their annual event at Appliance Factory, 321 W. 84th Ave., Thornton. Adams County residents can pick up everything needed for a Thanksgiving dinner, and other resources like dental screenings and flu shots will be provided. For more information, email email@example.com.
- The Action Center 720-407-6680 10811 W Collins Ave, Lakewood, CO 80215. Meal kits filled with Thanksgiving fixings. This program is only open to Jefferson County residents. Please wear face masks while picking up the food in a drive-thru process. Visit the link below or call the phone number above to register and set an appointment to pick up the food box. Pre-registration will open Friday, November 5, 2021 through Monday, November 15, 2021 For more information: https://theactioncenter.org/events/ Distribution day: Saturday, November 20, 2021 from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Almost Home 303-659-6199 22 S 4th Ave Ste. 106 Brighton, CO 80601 Offers complete Thanksgiving meal boxes to individuals and families. Eligibility: Must register in person at the location above and obtain a reservation card prior to the event date (on a first come, first served basis). Bring a picture ID and proof of residency in Adams or Southern Weld County. No walk-ins the day of distribution. Almost Home Housing Navigation Center hours to register: Monday – Thursday from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. Distribution Day: Saturday, November 20, 2021, from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Distribution location: 129 S. 6th Ave. Brighton, CO 80601 (You must have a reservation card to pick up your meal box)
- Benefits in Action – Trunk of Thankfulness 720-221-8354 Delivery Services only Thanksgiving meal boxes to individuals and families. Eligibility: For homebound individuals and families only. All zip codes welcome. To register and for more information: Please contact 720-221-8354. Benefits in Action will provide the food box delivery date and time.
- Volunteers of America Colorado provides free Thanksgiving Dinner Baskets to families and individuals. To receive a Thanksgiving Dinner Basket you must get a voucher.
- When: Monday, November 15th starting at 9:00 am until vouchers are gone
- Where: VOA Mission located at 2877 Lawrence St., Denver
- What: Vouchers for Thanksgiving Baskets will be given out in person on a first come first serve basis until we run out. One voucher per household, adult from household must be present. You must provide an ID and proof of residency (piece of mail) to receive a voucher.
Baskets can be picked up on Tuesday, November 23rd from 9:00—5:00 at the VOA Mission. Must have a voucher to receive a basket. Thanksgiving Baskets will consist of non-perishable food, produce, bread and a Safeway Gift Card – Questions? Please call 303-297-0408.
This year Growing Home will transition out of the program and will connect you with other agencies that are providing holiday assistance. Here is a list of different sites and programs that you can find useful:
ANGEL TREE from the Salvation Army https://saangeltree.org/ Click on the link and click NO when they ask an invitation code, then enter your zip code. The page will let you know if there is service in your area. Complete the form online. If you are experiencing trouble with the form, please call The Salvation Army’s Connection Center at 303-295-3366 Monday through Friday 9-4.
Toy Shop Denver: Annual Denver Toy Shop will take place on Saturday, December 4, 2021, at the National Western Complex. Registration is REQUIRED and the link to registration will be posted on our website, www.kenziscauses.org on December 1, 2021, at 9am. There will be timeslots throughout the day you can register for. MUST READ Information.
- All event requirements are subject to change due to COVID.
- You can only shop for your child(ren)!
- You MUST have a birth certificate for each child and your photo ID. NO EXCEPTIONS. This has been a requirement since 2010.
- If you have stepchildren, you must have proof that you are a stepparent. Example: a copy of your marriage license and a copy of your spouse’s ID that matches the birth certificate for each child.
- You can only shop at your registered time, that you sign up for on December 1, 2021.
- They will serve 3,500 children and each child will get a new toy from our main toy area, a new toy from our small toy area. We will have a limited number of stuffed animals and toothbrush/toothpaste kits.
- You will be given a survey to complete when you arrive at the event BEFORE you can shop.
- The Denver event is one day and open to anyone in need, you do not need to live in Denver to attend. They will not have another event and our leftover toys will be given to nonprofit partners and schools.
- More info in flyer attached. If you have additional questions, you can visit their website: https://kenziscauses.org/toy-shop-denver/ or Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1501634533531030
Precious Gift (from A Precious Child) Growing Home partnered with them to provide children’s clothing. To qualify for the Christmas Gifts program, A Precious Child have a rule that clients had to have shopped this year at least once with them to get on the list. So, for any new clients that Growing Home will be giving referral vouchers to, they will have to call and schedule an appointment to shop, then once they are present for their appointment they can get on the list.
Toys For Tots – From a computer:
- Go to www.toysfortots.org
- Click “Find Your Local Campaign”
- Scroll down and select your state from the drop-down menu
- Then select your county
- This will bring you to your local Coordinator’s web page
- Once there, hover your curser over “Request a Toy” at the top of the page (2nd option from the left)
- A dropdown menu will come up, click the 2nd option on the list called “Family and Individual Request Form”
- Scroll down until you see where to enter all your information
- Once you fill out the form in its entirety, click the red “Submit” button. That will send your request to the Coordinator for processing.
From your mobile device:
- Go to www.toysfortots.org
- Tap “Menu” (to the right of the Toys for Tots train)
- Tap “Find Your Local Campaign”
- Scroll down until you see where to select your state from the drop-down menu and select your state
- Scroll down until you see where to select your county and select it
- That will bring you to your local Coordinator’s web page
- Tap the 3 grey horizontal bars at the top of that page (same location – to the right of the TFT Train)
- A list of options will pop up, go under “Request a Toy” and tap “Family and Individual Request Form”
- Scroll down until you see where to enter all the information needed and enter that information. Then at the bottom of the page you will see a red “Submit” button – tap that and your form will be submitted to the Coordinator for processing.
Community Ministry, Denver. Service: Holiday food boxes. Boxes are offered to pre-registered clients at Thanksgiving and Christmas. They contain traditional food items such as canned fruits and vegetables, stuffing, potatoes, Jell-O, pie or cake mixes, and meat or a gift card toward the purchase of meat. Fresh produce, eggs and bread are also offered. 1755 S. Zuni Denver, CO 80223 The Food Bank is open Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., and Tuesday from 1:00 – 4:00 p.m., and Wednesday evening 5:30 – 7:00 p.m. Qualifications:
- Must have used the services of the food pantry during the calendar year prior to signing up for a box.
- They have to live in the 80204, 80219, 80236, 80223 and 80227 (Denver County) Zip codes. Then they come in during regular pantry hours and register.
- The box does not count as a regular visit but as an additional (bonus) visit.
- May only sign up to receive a Thanksgiving -or- Christmas box — not both. e. Website: http://www.comministry-denver.org/
2hands. Service: Christmas assistance by request. Register in their Website: Please Read First (2hands.org) or fill out their form: EmailMe Form – REGISTER FOR CHRISTMAS HELP ON 2HANDS.ORG.
Benefits In Action: Drive Thru Pantry. We are spreading cheer this year by hosting a drive thru food pantry!
- On December 18th
- Between 11 am and 1 pm
Meet the Benefits in Action team at our food warehouse to:
- Compete in our holiday name-that-tune contest
- Warm up with hot cocoa and festive cookies
- Pick up a food box to keep your table full over the holidays.
Tell your friends, all are welcome. Contact us: Office number 720-221-8354. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.benefitsinaction.org.
Volunteers of America Colorado Branch provides Christmas Dinner Baskets to families and individuals. To receive a Christmas Dinner Basket you must get a voucher.
- When: Monday, December 13th starting at 9:00 am until vouchers are gone
- Where: VOA Mission located at 2877 Lawrence St., Denver
- What: Vouchers for Christmas Baskets will be given out in person on a first come first serve basis until we run out. One voucher per household, adult from household must be present. You must provide an ID and proof of residency (piece of mail) to receive a voucher.
Baskets can be picked up on Monday, December 20th from 9:00—5:00 at the VOA Mission. Must have a voucher to receive a basket. Gifts for children will be available on a first come first serve basis. Christmas Baskets will consist of non-perishable food, produce, bread and a Safeway Gift Card. Questions? Please call 303-297-0408.
Denver Santa Claus Shop. A toy for every girl and boy. Get free toys for children 11 and under. You’re invited to shop at our 2021 Mobile Toy Shop! December 10, 11, 13 and 14 from 10 am till 3 pm. 2150 S. Monaco Parkway Denver CO 80222. Register in advance and find out more information about who qualifies, what to bring and COVID 19 safety precautions at www.denversantaclausshop.org/receive-a-toy.
Claus and Effect Christmas extravaganza
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2021 AT 1 PM – 4 PM at 7135 W 68th Ave, Arvada, CO 80003-3925
Meet Santa and Mrs Claus and each child will get a free new unwrapped gift!
This year we are letting the kiddos pick the toy they want. First come First serve. No swapsies or exchanges. We have a wide selection of AWESOME toys to choose from but supplies of each are limited. RC cars, LOL toys, Barbies, Large toddler size unicorns and Dinosaurs, auto Dancing Snowmen, doggies, trees and elephant, Hot Wheels, Harry Potter, Rag Dolls, Mr & Mrs PotatoHead, various Mickey Mouse toys, various slime and much much more! The bigger toys are sure to go fast so make sure to get your spot to see Santa as soon as you can!
Mrs Claus Holiday Gift Shop is our main way to fund various Claus and Effect events. Mrs Claus has hand made several hats and scarves, baby blankets, shawls, rugs, rug mugs and homemade jams. There are other store items available in the shop so be sure to get some Christmas shopping done and help support Claus and Effect.
Introducing Redneck Reindeer Games: The games are free to play and winners will get a small prize (while supplies last) Reindeer Target practice toss, Snowman solo cup tower toss
Cake Walk: Cake walk tickets will be $1.00 each