As the novel coronavirus or COVID-19 begins to spread around Colorado and the United States and continues across the world, Growing Home is monitoring the situation to ensure the safety and wellness of our staff, volunteers, and families. While we are taking extra precautions, our commitment to providing community support will remain a priority. Growing Home is moving forward with regularly scheduled hours of operation and most scheduled meetings and community events.
We’re following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment (CDPHE), school districts, and organizations offering services similar to ours to collect the most up-to-the-minute information to ensure the actions we’re taking are comprehensive and expedient. Based on this information, we will decide to continue, pause, or suspend operations as we see necessary.
We know this is a time of uncertainty so we wanted to update you on steps we are taking to keep our community safe:
- We have enhanced our cleaning methods and increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in our offices and public spaces.
- In our offices, we are distributing hand sanitizer. All of our employees and volunteers in the community and in our Food Pantry have been asked to wash their hands regularly and will be provided gloves and hand sanitizer for circumstances where they are unable to access hand washing stations.
- We have asked staff exhibiting any flu-like symptoms to stay home until they have been symptom free for 24 hours.
- We will continuously evaluate the status of our meetings and events and communicate any changes. Where and when possible, we will offer virtual meeting participation options.
We appreciate your support in helping us maintain our commitment to community support by following these safety precautions:
- We ask that anyone who is symptomatic, has been exposed to anyone exhibiting symptoms, or has recently traveled to CDC-listed Level 2 or 3 countries not visit Growing Home at this time.
- If you are in a high-risk category, talk to your doctor before coming to Growing Home. Our staff will make every effort to be flexible in working with community members or volunteers in the high-risk categories by meeting via phone or electronic meeting.
- To learn more about COVID-19 and other precautions you can take, please refer to the Centers for Disease Control and the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment.
Thank you for your part in keeping our Growing Home community safe and ensuring that through this time of heightened uncertainty around health and well-being we are prioritizing the needs of those most impacted. Please stay tuned via our website, social media, and email communication for the most up to date notifications.