For the months of November and December, the Food Pantry really needs:
- Cooking oil (vegetable, canola, etc.) or shortening
- Dried corn husks and masa mix for tamales
- Salt and spices, especially cinnamon sticks
- Condensed or evaporated milk
- Baking soda, baking powder, sugar
- Canned hominy
- Hot chocolate mix (especially Abuelita brand) and marshmallows
Growing Home’s Food Pantry always needs:
- Canned tuna
- Peanut butter
- Canned fruit
- Canned chicken
- Canned corn or tomatoes
- Other canned vegetables (no green beans, please)
- Fresh fruit & vegetables
- Beans, canned or dry
- Low-sugar cereal
Non-Food Items that Growing Home Needs:
- Diapers: all sizes, especially 4-6, and Pull Ups
- Children’s books – new or gently used only, please
- Hygiene items: travel or hotel sizes are great!
- Cleaning supplies for the food pantry
- Zipper-top bags (quart or gallon)
Donation drop off hours are 9am-5pm Monday through Friday, or Saturdays 10am-12noon, in Suite 110. Please do not leave items in the hallway or outside the building, as they may not be processed in a timely manner.
While we greatly appreciate your generous donations, Growing Home is not able to accept the following items.
- Child/infant car seats
- Used mattresses of any size, including crib mattresses
- Household items
If you have a question about whether Growing Home is able to accept a specific donation, please call 303-426-0430 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask us! If we cannot accept your specific donation we will happily refer you to another worthy organization.