As we enter into July, the eviction moratorium is set to expire at the end of the month on July 31st. The moratorium has provided vital protections for the community during the pandemic. We want to help prepare our community for this upcoming transition by providing resources that may be of help:
- Adams County maintains a listing of housing resources at http://adamscountycovid19.org/housing-resources-assistance.
- Mile High United Way maintains their 2-1-1 help center at https://unitedwaydenver.org/2-1-1/ or by dialing 2-1-1 from any phone.
- Colorado Housing Connects operates a bilingual (English/Spanish) hotline at1-844-926-6632 to get access to reliable, trustworthy information regarding housing and fair-housing resources.
Rental, Mortgage, and Utility Assistance
- Adams County is currently partnering with Maiker Housing Partners, Brighton Housing Authority, and Commerce City Housing Authority to provide rent and utility assistance funds for community members who have faced a financial hardship related to COVID-19. For more information and to see if you qualify, please go to https://adamscountycovid19.org/rental-assistance.
- Access Housing accepts applications for rental, mortgage, and utility assistance the 1st to 10th of each month. Please email email@example.com for more information.
- Almost Home provides rental, mortgage, utility, and water assistance. Please call 303-659-6199 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Catholic Charities provides rental assistance. Please call 720-377-1313 for more information.
- Family Promise has rental assistance available on the first of each month on a first come, first served basis. Please call 303-675-0713 for more information.
- Family Tree provides rental assistance. Please call 720-467-2604 ext. 721 or 303-422-2133 for more information.
- Jewish Family Services Emergency Assistance Program provides limited financial aid and case management to Denver-area individuals and families who are facing homelessness. To apply for assistance, please call 720-248-4716 or 303-597-5000 for more information.
In person Housing Navigation
- Almost Home provides a Housing Navigation Center Monday through Thursday 9am-5pm and Fridays 9am-12pm. Please go to https://www.almosthomeonline.org/housing-navigation-center or call 303-659-6199 for more information.
Legal Support for Eviction Prevention
- Colorado Legal Services provides legal support for eviction prevention and housing issues. Please call 303-837-1321 Ext. 444 for more information.
- Colorado Poverty Law Project Offers free legal guidance and representation in tenant rights, mobile home rights, and other housing matters through a network of volunteer, pro bono attorneys. For more information, go to https://www.copovertylawproject.org/get-eviction-housing-help.
For more information and for support in connecting to these or other resources, please contact Growing Home’s Resources and Education Coordinator Rebeca Snowden at 720-407-1980 or email@example.com.