Growing Home is dedicated to creating a thriving and equitable north metro Denver one family at a time. Our participant-centered approach to strengthening families, nurturing children and connecting community fills a critical gap for families and children who are experiencing immediate and long-term barriers to stability and success. Through evidenced-based programs, we improve outcomes for children, their parents and their community. Our model makes us a leader in the two-generation approach to poverty alleviation and community equity.
Mission: To guide children and their families on the path to a brighter future
Vision: We envision our community working together so that all children and their families have a place to call home, food on the table, and the opportunity to pursue their dreams.
Core Values: Respect, Effectiveness, Learning, Collaborative Leadership, Professionalism and Inclusiveness.
Description or Purpose of the Position:
The Development and Communications Coordinator supports the work of Growing Home’s development department by assisting the Chief Development Officer and CEO with implementation of the annual sustainable funding and strategic communications plans. This position assumes three major responsibilities: 1) communications and marketing support 2) administrative support for all development department; and 3) executive assistant support to the CEO.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Communications and Marketing
- Create agency newsletter
- Oversee social media posting, coordinating with other departments as needed
- Create content for website, blogs, op-eds, media pitches, etc. as needed
- Oversee updating of agency materials, coordinating with other departments to gather information as needed
- Coordinate with CEO & CDO on new collateral needs
- Coordinate creation of annual report, working directly with graphic designer
- Engage Communications/Marketing Committee as needed
Administrative Support for all Development Activities
- Ensure donors are thanked in a timely and meaningful fashion relative to their level of giving, including writing monthly template thank you letters
- Maintain up to date workplan and reporting documents regarding annual and long-term goals for financial sustainability, keeping team on task and on schedule
- Support cultivation contacts with current and prospective donors
- Communicate with potential tour and event guests, sending emails and making calls as needed
- Ensure all development materials are always in adequate supply, ordering new materials as needed
- Provide administrative support to the Chief Development Officer as well as Sustainable Funding and Communications/Marketing Committees
- Provide grant writing/reporting support as needed
- Maintain updated tour dates on website, Facebook page, and other marketing materials as needed
- Conduct tours and presentations as assigned
Executive Assistant to the CEO
- Provide administrative support to the CEO, including scheduling; preparing and sending agendas and meeting materials; arranging meeting and travel logistics; preparing mileage reimbursements and expense reports; and assisting with ordering
- Coordinate with CEO, keeping her well informed of upcoming commitments and assisting in meeting and presentation preparation as needed
- Assist in researching various topics for presentations and meetings
- Support key projects and initiatives
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral (bilingual English/Spanish highly preferred)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience in managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Desire to be a part of an innovative, fast-paced organization and development department
- Sensitivity and openness to working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Passion for anti-poverty work and social justice
Pay and Benefits:
- $36,000-$40,000 annually, commensurate with experience
- Health and life insurance
- Generous vacation, sick days, holidays and wellness benefits
- Optional 403(b) plan with match after 1 year
Growing Home is committed to an inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Development and Communications Coordinator in the subject line. We are an equal opportunity employer.